San Diego’s premier startup competition to feature 10 finalists
According to Chad Robley, Founder and CEO of Mindgruve, and Co-Chair of Interactive Day, “PitchTech is a competition where founders and entrepreneurs can pitch their early stage startups on the industry’s biggest stage. This is a unique opportunity to put your brand in front of some of the top innovators, angels, VC’s and influencers in the tech community.”
"PitchTech has been a part of Interactive Day for four years. This is the most innovative group of startups that have ever pitched. San Diego’s start up scene continues to grow and thrive. This year’s participants include everything from ad tech to 3D printing technology to ecommerce platforms” added Mike Hodges, President of Mindgruve and Co-Chair of Interactive Day.
The 2015 PitchTech Finalists are:
• Wrapify - Offers...
West Coast’s Premiere Digital Marketing Conference on June 12, 2015
at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront
San Diego, CA – SDX, San Diego’s premiere media, marketing and technology organization for brands, agencies, publishers and startups, announced the keynotes for the 11th Annual Interactive Day San Diego (IDSD) which will be held on June 12, 2015 at the San Diego Hilton Bayfront.
The 2015 Keynotes include:
• Kevin Knight, Head of Agency and Brand Strategy, Pinterest
• Bryan Kramer, President/Founder Purematter & Author of “Human To Human: #H2H”
• Lucie Greene, Global Head of Innovation, J. Walter Thompson
• Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club
According to Michael Warburton, Brand Manager at San Diego Zoo Global and 2014/15 President of SDX said, “We are pleased to welcome our keynote speakers as well as nearly 40 additional speakers for a day of sharing the best thinking on digital marketing strategies, “how to” sessions, brilliant creative from around the world, and a glimpse into what’s next in the world of marketing technology.”
Interactive Day San Diego delivers the latest industry trends and best...
Welcome to the new digital home of Interactive Day San Diego – the West Coast’s premier digital marketing and ad technology event. This year marks the tenth anniversary of the San Diego Ad Club’s showcase event catering to marketing, communications, and advertising professionals at all stages of their career. The 2014 event will include 20 hour-long informative sessions, 4 keynotes, and a real-time pitch competition among young startups.
Here’s the skinny on Interactive Day 2014:
- What?: A digital marketing and technology conference
- When?: Friday May 16, 2014, and don’t forget about the pre-event mixer on Thursday night
- Where?: Hilton San Diego Bayfront - 1 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101
- Who?: Marketing, communications, and advertising professionals
In addition to a jam-packed day of industry trends and best practices, conference attendees are invited to the pre-event mixer atop the rooftop at the Andaz San Diego Hotel’s bar RoofTop600 on Thursday night. Interactive Day San Diego tickets are reasonably priced and networking opportunities are aplenty with over 1,200 attendees last year ranging from CEO's, to hungry young...
During his IDSD session, “The RTB Revolution: What it is and how Agencies and Brands can Master It,” VISISEEK CEO Colin Walsh discussed RTB – that’s real-time bidding – and its enormous potential for brands and publishers moving forward in the digital world. Real-time bidding allows for purchasing and selling online ads in, well, real-time.
Colin opened with some promising stats on RTB. In 2013 alone, related spending is slated to increase by 72%. It accounts for 20% of all display ad spending and 21% of all video ad spending. Although it’s been around since 2007, Colin explained, things really started picking up for RTB in 2009 – within a year, the popular ad exchange DoubleClick saw an 850% increase. Because of its massive uptake, the creative potential of RTB is endless and has become widely adopted by major brands including Volkswagen, Zappos, and Steve Madden shoes. Colin provided examples of brand utilization and presence on leading websites. Colin then dove into a more granular example of how real-time bidding works and what brands can do to get into the game, including working with a DSP, or demand side platform.
To see Colin’s full explanation and...
Dan started with some statistics on the growth of digital video:
• Spending on digital video ad content will increase by 41% in 2013; spending on TV ad content will increase by 28%
• That spending will climb to $8 billion and $73 billion, respectively, in less than three years
• Digital video is the advertising format seeing the most rapid growth, but TV ads are still the most dominant
• 23% of advertisers’ budgets will be allocated to video in 2013. This will increase to 30% by 2015.
He then addressed four questions brands need to ask in order to make a smart video investment and achieve maximum ROI:
1. Can you take my campaign across screens?
2. Do you provide video brand safety across screens?
3. Do you offer data-driven targeting?
4. How do you benchmark video results?